Activation of Dual Locking System- Used when a section is fully extended
The Dual locking system is easy to activate.
Fully extend the graphite.
Continue to hold the section fully extended while tightening the collar.
1018 Coiled Cord- Easy steps to help prolong its life.
BaseMate and Wing -How to remove the Wing.
- When the Loon Boom has been fully extended for long periods of time (especially on hot days) make sure to close the last section slowly. This extra time will allow for the coils to retract naturally and not be forced to bunch up.
- Try to avoid any unnecessary rotation of the different sections of graphite when opening and closing the boom. This practice will help prevent your cable from twisting, which can cause it to not collapse properly.
- Once a month, or so, you should remove the BaseMate and detach the cord. Allow the coil cord to spin and relax back to its natural position. This will take out any twists that may have occurred during previous uses.
- It has been our experience that you should keep two coils outside the tip of the pole with one wrapped around the TogLoc microphone connector groove. This allows for the proper amount of coils to be inside the pole for the cord to perform optimally.
- Remove the BaseMate and Wing assembly from the pole by turning the collar three full turns.
- Remove the coil cord from the assembly by loosening the set screw as shown to the right (You do not need to fully remove this set screw) Figure 1
- Remove the Wing from the BaseMate by loosening the two set screws as shown in figures 2 & 3. (Do not fully remove these set screws)
Wing XLR 90 degree Orientation- Customize how you plug onto the Wing.
- To reassemble reverse these directions. (Make sure that when attaching the coil cord XLR you align the rectangular slot and arrow with the set screw) As per figure 4
- When reattaching this assembly to the pole do not twist entire assembly only twist the collar to tighten.
TogLoc- This function is integrated into the microphone connector and the BaseMate.
- Remove the small Phillips screw from the face plate of the Wing and remove. (keep screw)
- Push the male XLR back through the Wing until it is clear and free. Be careful with the small wires.
- Select the orientation that you desire and twist gently the male XLR insert.
- Now reinstall back into the Wing. (Notice the groves that will align with the tab on the XLR connecter.)
- Once the XLR has been fully inserted, push on the keeper sleeve back into the Wing, then coil and place the wiring back into the cavity.
- Place the cover back into its locating groove and reattach by using the same screw.
You can easily remove both the TogLoc microphone connector and the BaseMate by simply loosening the collar three turns. Make sure that the collar is open three turns when reattaching these TogLocs to the Boom. Be careful not to push the collet out of the collar.
Cleaning and Reassembling your Boom- If you take your boom apart for cleaning, follow the directions below for reassembly.
(note: it is best to take apart only one joint at a time)
- Clean with mild soap and water then apply Protect All then wipe down with microfiber towel.
- First properly slide the collar back onto tube, then install white tail collet as shown below.
- Wrap the activator sleeve around graphite and slide into boom.
- When screwing on collar be careful not to cross thread.
- Note: The two collars at the extreme ends of the pole are our TogLoc collars. They are different. To identify these you will notice one extra ring in the center of the collar. Make sure that these TogLoc collars are reinstalled only at the very top and the very bottom of the boom. All of the collars in the middle do not have this extra groove in the center.
If you have any questions about anything please don't hesitate to email email@example.com
or call us toll free at 888-582-7083.